Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gas smells good


Last Saturday was being like any other Saturday lately -boring as hell- until I saw a Facebook status saying 'I'm going to Porriño Karting. You know where to find me...', which that gave me an idea: I could go there to find him and, in passing, take some photos of a sport I had never shot before. And then, the afternoon became fun.
---------------------------------------------
El sábado pasado estaba siendo como cualquier otro sábado -aburrimiento a rabiar- hasta que vi un estado en Facebook diciendo "Me voy para el Karting de Porriño. Ya sabéis donde encontrarme...", lo que me dio una idea: podía ir hasta allí a ver si lo encontraba, y de paso sacar unas fotos de un deporte que nunca había afotado. Y entonces la tarde empezó a hacérseme divertida.

The noise, the fritanga smell due to the gas and oil -I was told-, these little bullets running around the track, the slides and the spins... All these things that petrolheads love and it was a long time I hadn't seen were there waiting for me to take some shots. And that's what I did.
---------------------------------------------
El ruido, el olor a fritanga por la gasolina y el aceite -eso me dijeron-, esas pequeñas balas corriendo por el cirtuito, los derrapes y los trompos... Todas esas cosas que le gustan a los petrolheads y que ya hacía tiempo que no veía estaban ahí esperando a que le sacara fotos. Y fue lo que hice.

I have to admit that in the beggining I was quite conservative -the 70-210 mm lens on the camera, lots of frontal shots, high shutter speed- because I didn't know well how fast racing karts could be, but once I got used to them I started shooting at lower shutter speed, try some pannings and even I took some close shots using the 17 mm lens.
---------------------------------------------
Tengo que admitir que al principio fui algo conservador -el objetivo 70-210 mm en la cámara, muchos disparos frontales, alta velocidad de obturación- porque no sabía bien cómo de rápidos podrían ser los karts, pero una vez me acostumbré empecé a disparár a menores velocidades, intentar algunos barridos e incluso saqué algunas fotos de cerca a 17mm.

This karting thing not only was something new to me, but also a challenge -because of the manual focusing thing, you know-, but in return I have some pictures to show you. What do you think about them?
---------------------------------------------
Esto de los karts no solo fue algo nuevo para mí sino que también fue un desafío -por eso del enfoque manual, ya tú sabeh-, pero a cambio tengo algunas fotos para enseñar. Qué os parecen?















See you.
----------
Nos vemos.


Nota: Todas las fotos de este blog tienen copyright y no se pueden usar sin permiso del autor. All photos on this blog are copyrighted and can not be used without permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...